Stepfamily Magazine is a resource for stepfamilies and acknowledges that stepfamilies come in all shapes, sizes, cultures, and genders. We embrace diversity and are on a journey to create a magazine space that reflects that. Check out our mission statement for more information.
As part of our acknowledgment that there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to how step-families work or what they need, we ask our writers to follow this brief when they submit articles. Please avoid taking a position that your solution or approach is the only valid one. Please use inclusive language, or be aware that we will edit to include inclusive language.
Since its launch in February 2016, Stepfamily Magazine attracts over 12,000 visits per month and continues to grow, making it a welcoming platform for stepfamilies seeking support and advice. The magazine welcomes articles from all levels of expertise and seeks a variety that is written from male and female perspectives. Articles written solely for the stepmum or stepdad audience are also welcomed. The magazine would like to receive articles that contain information and advice on:
- Stepfamily dynamics (e.g. moving in together, discipline)
- Stepparent circumstances (e.g. being childless, dating widow/widower)
- Stepchildren (e.g. bonding, behaviour)
- Self-help tips (e.g. how to relieve stress, anxiety, seeking peace)
- Interviews (e.g. notable/veteran stepparents and adult stepchildren who can share experiences)
- Contact schedules (e.g. making it work for everyone, problems)
- Issues with contact (e.g. ex obstructing contact, moving away)
- Legal matters (e.g. court hearings, false allegations, parental alienation, divorce)
- Money matters (e.g. child maintenance, how to budget)
- Creativity/Things to do as a stepfamily (e.g. places to visit, baking, making things)
- Suggestions for further resources: (e.g. counselling)
- Seasonal Events (e.g. Christmas, school holidays, Mother’s & Father’s Day)
- Mum/dad/adult stepchildren perspectives (e.g. advice for stepparents)
- Personal experiences of living in a stepfamily, as a step/parent and/or as a stepchild
Stepfamily Magazine would like to hear from:
- Relationship counsellors/coaches
- Parenting experts
- Charitable organisations
- Professional authors
- Veteran stepmum/stepdads/adult stepchildren
- Notable stepmum/stepdads/adult stepchildren
- Experienced bloggers
By submitting writing to Stepfamily Magazine, the Author acknowledges that the work is factual, truthful, and does not contain liable or unlawful information that can cause injury or harm to others.
If you would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you!