The mission of Stepfamily Magazine is to be the leading publication in helping all stepfamilies create a better everyday life. We accomplish this by providing our readers and subscribers with the highest quality, research-based practical tools, educational insight, professional recommendations, and interactive forums to empower them to navigate their unique family dynamic. Through our inclusive, comprehensive content and events, the magazine seeks to inspire a new stepfamily narrative and empower stepfamilies of all back-grounds, cultures, family structures, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religions.
Since its launch in February 2016, Stepfamily Magazine has become a top resource for stepfamilies seeking support and advice.
Are you interested in becoming a contributor? We welcome articles from all levels of expertise and seek pieces written from every stepfamily perspective. Specifically, we are looking for writes who can contribute information and advice on:
- Stepfamily dynamics (e.g. moving in together, discipline)
- Stepparent circumstances (e.g. being childless, dating widow/widower)
- Stepchildren (e.g. bonding, behaviour)
- Self-help tips (e.g. how to relieve stress, anxiety, seeking peace)
- Interviews (e.g. notable/veteran stepparents and adult stepchildren who can share experiences)
- Contact schedules (e.g. making it work for everyone, problems)
- Issues with contact (e.g. ex obstructing contact, moving away)
- Legal matters (e.g. court hearings, false allegations, parental alienation, divorce)
- Money matters (e.g. child maintenance, how to budget)
- Creativity/Things to do as a stepfamily (e.g. places to visit, baking, making things)
- Suggestions for further resources: (e.g. counselling)
- Seasonal Events (e.g. Christmas, school holidays, Mother’s & Father’s Day)
- Mom/dad/adult stepchildren perspectives (e.g. advice for stepparents)
- Personal experiences of living in a stepfamily, as a step/parent and/or as a stepchild
Stepfamily Magazine would like to hear from:
- Relationship therapists/ counselors/coaches
- Parenting experts
- Charitable organizations
- Professional authors
- Veteran stepmoms/stepdads/adult stepchildren
- Notable stepmoms/stepdads/adult stepchildren
- Experienced bloggers
If you would like to join our team, click on the button below or head HERE and answer a few questions for us so we can evaluate if your work might be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
You must be logged in to post a comment.